Saturday, March 29, 2014

Shrimp and scallops with white wine

The other night I sent Louis out to the store to grab me a few items I needed from the grocery store. When he got home he had pulled out a bag of frozen shrimp and scallops, he said he saw them at the store and remembered me saying I have never actually cooked scallops but I did like eating them. I wanted to find a recipe that wouldn't be to much work and I came across shrimp and scallops with white wine. 

What you'll need: 
Olive oil
12 oz package of frozen small shrimp thawed (mine was already cooked and deveined)
16 oz package of frozen small sea scallops thawed
1 medium onion
4 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup of white wine (I didn't have any on hand at the time so I used 1/2 cup apple juice with 1/2 tablespoon if red wine vinegar mixed in)
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 cubes of chicken bullion
3 tablespoons butter
Salt and pepper
The juice of one lemon
2 tbsp dried parsley
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese

Take the shrimp and scallops and rinse then under cold water and place them in a colander.

Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil on medium/high heat until onions are 
translucent, make sure to stir constantly so garlic doesn't burn.

Add shrimp and scallops for about a minute.

Add the crushed pepper, chicken bullion, basil and wine.

Allow to simmer for another minute until the scallops are opaque in color.
Add butter, lemon juice, season with salt an pepper.

Serve over pasta and sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese. 

Original recipe from: http://www.food.com/recipe/easy-shrimp-and-scallop-in-white-wine-sauce-170581
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment