Monday, April 28, 2014

Herbed Crepes stuffed with cheesy eggs and breakfast potatoes

It has been a little difficult for me to keep up with posting on the blog, there has just been so much going on. I have so many pictures I need to edit and recipes I need to type out but between the boys, the holiday and getting sick I haven't had the time to take a minute and just type out a post. This will be the first one since last Monday...as my sister says I am very dedicated to crepe Monday. Don't worry though I should be able to post up a few more recipe in the next few days just make sure to check back once in a while to see if I updated the blog.
The only reason I'm so dedicated to crepe Monday is because Louis always looks forward to my crepe creations. I was originally going to make PiƱa Colada crepes (I'll save that for next week) but Louis had asked if I could make some of the ham we had sitting in the fridge. So I started thinking about breakfast burritos. I wanted to spice up the crepe a bit and add some herbs to up the flavor factor. Scrambled eggs was a must and I had two bags full of potatoes plus they went hand in hand. 

Herbed crepes
2 eggs
2 tbsp melted butter
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cups water
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp fresh minced chives
1/2 tsp dill
1/2 tsp parsley
1 tsp garlic powder

Mix all ingredients into a bowl, the batter should be thin and runny. 

Heat a pan on medium heat, lightly grease with nonstick cooking spray and spread 1/4 cup of the batter along the bottom of the pan. Once the sides of the crepe start to loosen from the sides of the pan flip the crepe and let cook for another minute. Remove from pan and place on plate.

Breakfast potatoes and ham
3 cups diced potatoes
1 cup of cubed ham
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp season salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Place the potatoes and ham in a bowl. Mix seasoning into the potatoes and ham. 
Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a nonstick pan on medium high heat. Once the oil is fully heated place half of the potatoes into the pan, spread the mix along the bottom and let cook, stirring occasionally so it doesn't burn.
 It will take about 10 minutes for the potatoes to fully cook, they are done when you can pierce a fork straight through the potato with no resistance. 

Fluffy cheesy scrambled eggs
10 eggs
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup shredded cheese
Salt and pepper

In a bowl crack 10 eggs. 
whisk until the eggs become pale in color (I used a hand mixer because I don't have much arm strength).
 Next add in the milk and whisk for another 2 minutes to add as much air into the eggs as possible. 
In a pan add the 2 tbsp of butter, heat the pan on low-medium heat until the butter starts to bubble. 
Pour the eggs into the pan and let the eggs cook for a minute, add in the cheese and season with salt and pepper. 
Now using a spatula slowly start scraping the bottom of the pan.
Keep scraping the bottom and sides until all of the eggs are cooked. 

Take the crepe and spoon in some of the potato mixture and place some scrambled eggs on top, fold the crepe over and sprinkle with some cheese and minced chives.

No comments:

Post a Comment