Monday, April 14, 2014

Coconut Cream Crepes with Vanilla Chai Whip Cream


Since Louis bought me Silk coconut milk I have been nuts about coconut. I mean I loved coconut before but now I could add a little into everything and have it have that sweet hint to coconut. So this week I decided to make a coconut cream crepe. I have to admit trying to cook these crepes today took double the time it would take on a normal day because my littlest one caught his brothers cold and in the process I ended up getting sick again. 

Of course I did try and oil pull as soon as my nose started to run but I think it was a little to late, the good thing is that since I have been oil pulling is that it seems as though I'm going through the stages of my cold a lot quicker, so instead of feeling like my head is filled with water for 3 or 4 days I only felt like that for 1/2 of the day and then moved on to having a water fountain as a nose....I'm hoping this cold will be gone by Wednesday if I'm lucky. 
This little guy was patiently waiting for crepes while watching ninja turtles

Coconut crepes:
2 eggs
3/4 cups silk coconut milk
3/4 cups water
2 tbsp melted butter
3 tbsp vanilla sugar 
Or 
3 tbsp sugar + 1 tsp vanilla
1 cup of flour

Heat a pan on medium heat. Mix the eggs, coconut milk and water into a bowl, next add the butter and sugar. Little by little add the flour to the wet ingredients until completely incorporated and smooth. Grease the pan with some cooking spray or butter. Pour 1/4 cup of the mixture to the heated pan and swirl the pan to evenly coat the whole bottom. When the edges start to loosen from the pan use a spatula and flip the crepe over, let the other side cook for 1 minute and remove from pan.

Coconut cream filling:
1 box of coconut cream instant pudding
1 cup of cold coconut milk
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 tbsp vanilla sugar/sugar + 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

In a bowl mix the instant pudding mix with the coconut milk until it starts to thicken. 


Place the bowl in the fridge so it can fully set.
In a separate bowl add the whip cream and sugar. Whip until fluffy and stiff peaks form.

Take the pudding mixture out of the fridge and pour the whip cream into the bowl, with a spatula gently fold the whip cream into the pudding mix. 


Put the bowl into the fridge while you make the chai whipped cream.

Vanilla Chai Whip Cream:
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 cardamom or nutmeg 
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract 
Toasted coconut flakes 

In a bowl add all the ingredients, with your hand mixer whip the cream until it forms stiff peaks.

Pipe the coconut cream into a crepe. Fold over and pipe vanilla chai whip cream ontop, sprinkle toasted coconut flakes over top. 





No comments:

Post a Comment