Monday, June 9, 2014

Spiced peach crepes with honey whipped cream and almond honey crumble.


I have been MIA from the blog for a little bit and I apologize, I just haven't  been able to find the time to sit down, type out the recipes and edit the pictures to post. My whole photo album on my phone are filled with pictures of the food I have been making so I do have a couple of recipes I need to post but with the wedding coming up and taking care of the little ones it's been a struggle to keep up with the blog. I do have to say that I'm pretty impressed with the amount of decorations I have been able to make with the help of my sisters. The wedding is less than 2 months away and even though it is going to be a small backyard wedding there is still surprisingly a lot to do especially since I opted to go the DIY route with pretty much everything. The one thing I haven't planned for is rain, so I'm praying that god allows my wedding day to be nice and sunny. 
Lennox is now 5 months, he has gotten the hang or rolling over so now his preferred mode of transportation is rolling all over room. He has to be at least 18 pounds by now, but at the rate that he is eating he might be a little more. Jowell is starting to really warm up to him. I'll usually find him hanging out with Lennox when I'm cooking or when no one is paying attention but once he see's us watching he completely ignores Lennox. Jowell will he 3 in August and he is like a sponge when it comes to anything he see's or hears. He talks so much now sometimes that's a good thing and sometimes it's a bad thing but I enjoy the little stories he tells me or the songs he sings to me. 
Last week I skipped crepe Monday, I had planned to make a crepe with pistachios but I had way too much to do around the house so I will have to wait to make that one. My older sister didn't get to try the last peach crepe I made so I promised I'd make another crepe using peaches and save her some. I had a bag full of nice ripe peaches since they were on sale last week, I was originally going to use them to make peach butter but I thought it would be nice to make them into crepes. 

Spiced peaches:
4 1/2 peaches sliced
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 cup water
2 tsp cornstarch mixed into 4 tsp cold water

Place everything in a pot and bring to a boil.
Cook for about 10-15 minutes or until the liquid starts to thicken.
Remove from heat and let cool. 

Almond honey crumble:
1/2 cup almonds
1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp honey
1 lemon zested
1/2 tsp ginger
2 tbsp cold cubed butter

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a food processor chop until there are no big pieces of almond.
Add in the rest of the ingredients and blend until it gets crumbly. Place on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil, bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.

Honey whipped cream: 
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tsp honey
1/4 tsp vanilla

Whip all ingredients together until it forms stiff peaks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment